CoolSculpting® is an excellent solution for people who are looking to get rid of stubborn fat without surgery or downtime. But one of the questions we are often asked by patients is: does CoolSculpting® leave behind sagging skin?
Does CoolSculpting® result in saggy skin?
The answer is a definitive no! CoolSculpting® actually helps to improve the appearance of your skin by not only targeting areas of unwanted fat but stimulating collagen production. Collagen is the protein that gives our skin its elasticity and firmness, so increasing collagen production can help to tighten and tone your skin.
How exactly does CoolSculpting® work?
CoolSculpting® uses a specialized device that is used in the area where excess fat has remained. It delivers cold energy that essentially freezes away the fat. The results are gradual as the lymphatic system flushes the frozen cells from the body over several weeks.
How do I maintain the results from CoolSculpting® treatments?
There are a few things you can do to help ensure that your skin looks its best after CoolSculpting®:
- Stay hydrated! Drinking plenty of water everyday helps to keep your skin healthy and hydrated, which can help reduce the appearance of any facial fine lines and wrinkles.
- Wear sunscreen! It’s important to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays, especially if you have had any treatments that stimulate collagen production (like CoolSculpting®). Wearing sunscreen every day can help to keep your skin looking young and healthy.
- Eat a healthy diet! Eating a diet rich in food groups such as fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats can help to improve the overall appearance of your skin.
- Get regular exercise! Exercise helps to improve circulation and can give your skin a natural, healthy glow.
- See a dermatologist for regular check-ups! Seeing a dermatologist for regular skin check-ups can help to catch any potential problems early on.
Call for an appointment with our team at SkinSmart Dermatology today!
If you are interested in learning more about CoolSculpting or other cosmetic treatments, please contact our office to schedule a consultation. Drs. Elizabeth Callahan and William Adams of Sarasota, FL can evaluate you and determine if CoolSculpting® is the right treatment for your body contouring needs! Call 941-308-7546 to talk to our friendly front office staff!