Vbeam® Laser in Sarasota
Vbeam® laser treatments clear away redness caused by sun damage, vascular lesions and rosacea to help you have naturally clear, evenly colored skin. Dr. Elizabeth Callahan receives many referrals from area physicians for Vbeam treatments as her Sarasota practice is one of the few facilities in the area to offer this vascular laser.
What Does Vbeam Laser Treat?
At SkinSmart Dermatology, we use the Vbeam laser on both the face and the body to soften and often eliminate redness from broken capillaries, red spots, stretch marks, port wine stains and rosacea.
In addition, the Vbeam laser can also treat a variety of other skin conditions, which include:
- Acne scarring: Vbeam can improve the appearance of acne scars by stimulating collagen production while simultaneously improving your skin’s texture.
- Broken capillaries: The Vbeam can also remove broken capillaries on the face, specifically around the nose.
- Hemangiomas: Hemangiomas can cause redness of the skin. The Vbeam can reduce their appearance or remove them completely.
- Hyperpigmented lesions: Sunspots, freckles, and age spots can be improved with the Vbeam.
Our Sarasota patients enjoy a sense of confidence that comes from skin that looks beautiful, often without makeup.
Before recommending any treatment, we ask that you have an in-depth cosmetic consultation. Our cosmetic coordinator will thoroughly evaluate your skin to determine which treatment is best suited to your aesthetic goals. We may recommend IPL photofacials, which correct brown spots and uneven pigmentation in addition to redness.
How Does The Vbeam Laser Work?
The Vbeam laser energy is selectively absorbed by the red pigment in the blood, which heats and destroys the associated blood vessels to reduce redness. As a result, the source of the redness becomes much less noticeable, and in many cases, resolves completely.
How Does Vbeam Compare to Other Treatments?
The Vbeam laser is unique in that it offers highly precision targeting that treats specific areas while protecting other areas of the skin. The precision targeting minimizes the risk of hyperpigmentation to untreated areas of the skin. The Vbeam is also unique in that it can minimize downtime in comparison to other treatments. While some individuals may experience slight redness and swelling, it is mild and resolves quickly.
In addition to the above-mentioned benefits, the Vbeam also offers:
- Minimal downtime. When compared to other rejuvenation treatments, the Vbeam offers minimal downtime.
- Is non-invasive. The Vbeam is also a non-invasive procedure that requires no incisions to complete.
- Is extremely versatile. Because Vbeam can treat a variety of skin complaints, it is one of the most versatile treatments on the market.
- Safety: The Vbeam is an extremely safe treatment when performed by licensed healthcare professionals.
- Treatment sessions: The number of treatment sessions can be tailored to your needs and skincare goals.
- Cost-effective: The Vbeam is also a cost-effective treatment that can also be tailored to suit your budget as well.
How Many Vbeam Treatments Do I Need?
Vbeam laser treatments are gentle enough that usually no numbing agent is required. Generally, two or three treatments, spaced four weeks apart, are necessary to obtain optimal results.
What Is Recovery Like?
Patients experience redness and bruising with more intense treatments, and this can last from several days to one week after treatment. Because the surface of the skin is not affected, you can wear makeup to conceal the treated areas.
Contact Us In Sarasota
If you are interested in Vbeam Laser treatment, visit Sarasota Dermatology. Our providers, including Dr. Elizabeth Callahan, are experienced in cosmetic and medical treatments and have been serving the Sarasota community for over 15 years. At SkinSmart Dermatology, we treat a wide variety of skin conditions and care for every individual patient with a personal touch. Schedule an appointment by calling 941.308.7546 ext. 7330 or fill out the form on our contact page.