Elizabeth F. Callahan, MD
Founder and Medical Director
Book An Appointment Online
SkinSmart Dermatology® was founded in 2005 by Medical Director Elizabeth F. Callahan, MD. She is a nationally acclaimed, board-certified dermatologic surgeon with extensive experience and a lifelong passion for skin health and wellness. She has consistently been named as one of the top dermatologists in the nation by Castle Connolly since 2011, the premier top doctor list in the United States.
Dr. Callahan completed specialty training at both the Cleveland and Mayo clinics and is a sought-after trainer and speaker on the most current facial filler innovations and techniques. She combines her surgical experience with her artistic eye to restore symmetry and balance to faces, a process she calls The Art of the Natural Look®. At SkinSmart Dermatology®, she offers patients the most advanced, effective treatments for laser skin resurfacing/rejuvenating, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, lip lines, acne scars and more. Patients of SkinSmart Dermatology® have the added assurance that only Dr. Callahan performs injections. In addition to her anti-aging and skin rejuvenation expertise, Dr. Callahan is one of the region’s top-rated, fellowship-trained Mohs surgeons, using her skills in facial anatomy and reconstruction to help patients diagnosed with facial skin cancer. Dr. Callahan has performed more than 15,000 Mohs surgeries in her career. When you choose a dermatologic surgeon like Dr. Callahan, you can be confident that you will receive the highest level of care when it comes to the diagnosis and treatment of your medical skin condition and the cosmetic enhancement of your skin. In her free time, Dr. Callahan enjoys traveling with her husband.
“I enjoy helping my patients attain their goals, whether it’s facial rejuvenation, surgery or medical-based skin care.” - Dr. Callahan.
- M.D., University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine
- Internship, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Residency, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Chief Resident Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship, Mohs Surgery and Lasers, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Member, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor for Dermatology Since 2011
- Speaker and trainer for Galderma®(Dysport®, Restylane® products)
- Speaker and trainer for Merz (Radiesse®, Belotero Balance® and Xeomin®)
Request A Consultation
Healthy, beautiful skin begins at SkinSmart Dermatology®. People looking for an exceptional dermatologist visit us from Bradenton, Sarasota, Brandon, Venice and the entire Suncoast of Florida for their anti-aging treatments, dermatological concerns and Mohs skin cancer surgery. Request a cosmetic consultation or call our office in Sarasota at 941-308-7546.