William B. Adams, MD
Skin Cancer Surgeon
Book An Appointment Online
Dr. William B. Adams is a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in medical dermatology and Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery, a highly technical and precise procedure requiring advanced training. He is a fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon and received his fellowship training at the University of Louisville. During his medical residency, he acted as chief resident at the University of Louisville Division of Dermatology.
Dr. Adams has a genuine concern for the well-being of his patients. He has dedicated his professional career to the prevention and effective treatment of skin cancer, the most common type of cancer diagnosed in the U.S., and has performed over 10,000 successful Mohs surgeries over his career. He enjoys spending time with his two children and his wife Michelle, who is also a physician.
"I had surgery on my neck and I wanted you to know how very satisfied I was. Dr. Adams explained everything so thoroughly and so pleasant. The entire staff is to be commended and I will certainly recommend Skinsmart to my friends." O.M.B.
- M.D, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, co-valedictorian
- Internship, University of Louisville
- Residency, University of Louisville
- Chief Resident, University of Louisville
- Fellowship, Mohs Surgery, University of Louisville
- Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American College of Mohs Surgery
- Member, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Associate Professor of Medicine (Dermatology), University of Louisville from July 2011 to June 2012
- Sarasota County Delegate, Florida Medical Association (2017-2019)
- President Elect, Sarasota County Medical Society (2019-2020)
- President, Sarasota County Medical Society (2020-2021)
Request A Consultation
Healthy, beautiful skin begins at SkinSmart Dermatology®. People looking for an exceptional dermatologist visit us from Bradenton, Sarasota, Brandon, Venice and the entire Suncoast of Florida for their anti-aging treatments, dermatological concerns and Mohs skin cancer surgery. Request a cosmetic consultation or call our office in Sarasota at 941-308-7546.