Dr. Callahan has consistently been named to the Castle Connolly TOP DOCTORS list - 2017 is her seventh year as a Top Doctor. SkinSmart Dermatology offers four experienced and certified medical dermatological providers to serve the SW Florida area. Call SkinSmart now to be seen right away!
BOTOX® & Dysport®
Quick, convenient, safe and essentially painless, BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®are two of the most popular treatments at SkinSmart Dermatology® in Sarasota. With a skilled hand and an innate aesthetic sense, Dr. Elizabeth Callahan provides results that are noticeable, yet subtle. Unlike patients who undergo a full facelift or other surgical procedures, you will not appear dramatically different after treatment. Often friends may ask, “Have you been on a vacation?”
With her extensive training, mastery of facial musculature and structure, and experienced use of injectables, Dr. Callahan attracts patients for BOTOX, and Dysport from Siesta Key, Longboat Key, Lakewood Ranch and along the West Coast of Florida, as well as across the country and internationally. She has achieved “Platinum Level” status as a BOTOX injector, a recognition that Allergan – the maker of BOTOX – bestows upon a select number of physicians who demonstrate the highest standards of experience and safety with their products. Find out more about the SkinSmart Difference.
Healthy, beautiful skin begins at SkinSmart Dermatology®. Request a cosmetic consultation or call our office in Sarasota at (941) 308-7546.
How They Work
BOTOX and Dysport are made from a purified protein that temporarily relaxes the facial muscles responsible for certain lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive movements such as squinting and concentrating. When the muscles are relaxed, wrinkles gradually fade or disappear completely.
We believe your best results come from a board-certified aesthetic physician rather than from a mall kiosk or a quickie facility. At SkinSmart Dermatology in Sarasota, BOTOX and Dysport treatments are commonly used to reduce or eliminate the appearance of:
- Lines between the eyebrows (also called the “11s”, glabellar lines or worry lines)
- Forehead lines and a sagging brow
- Lines below the eyes and crow’s feet at the corners of the eyes
- Lip lines, also called “smoker’s lines”
- Downturned corners of the mouth
Before we recommend any treatment, we ask that you have an in-depth cosmetic consultation. We will thoroughly evaluate your skin to determine a treatment plan best suited to your aesthetic goals. We may recommend combining BOTOX, Dysport or Xeomin with injectable fillers for more complete facial rejuvenation.
In addition to effective wrinkle correction, Dr. Callahan uses BOTOX and Dysport to provide a variety of other benefits, including:
- Wrinkle prevention: In addition to treating existing wrinkles, these injections can be used proactively to delay the onset of future ones. Ask Dr. Callahan to describe how BOTOX or Dysport can be part of an anti-aging skincare regimen.
- Underarm sweating: Whether excessive or not, sweating can be a nuisance and an embarrassment. BOTOX and Dysport can be used to reduce sweating. The results last six to eight months. Sweaty palms can also be treated.
- Neck bands: BOTOX and Dysport can be used to treat prominent neck “bands”. This exciting new procedure offers a great temporary alternative to surgery. After injecting prominent neck bands, the neck and jaw have a slightly more lifted appearance.
- Gummy smile: With a few quick injections of BOTOX or Dysport in specific areas on both sides of the nose, Dr. Callahan can reduce the elevation of the upper lip to correct a gummy smile.
The procedure takes only a few minutes, and you’ll start to see results in three to five days. There’s no downtime – many patients stop in during their lunch hour and return to work immediately afterward – and results typically last up to four months.
*Results will vary