SkinSmart Dermatology® was founded in 2005 by Medical Director Elizabeth Callahan, MD. She combines many years as a top-rated dermatologic surgeon with her extensive experience and passion for reconstruction and facial anatomy.
“I enjoy helping my patients attain their goals, whether it’s facial rejuvenation, surgery or medical-based skin care,” says Dr. Callahan.
Healthy, beautiful skin begins at SkinSmart Dermatology®. People looking for an exceptional dermatologist visit us from Bradenton, Sarasota, Brandon, Venice and the entire Suncoast of Florida for their anti-aging treatments, dermatological concerns and Mohs skin cancer surgery. Request a cosmetic consultation or call our office in Sarasota at (941) 308-7546.
Cosmetic and Medical Dermatology Specialist
Dr. Callahan will assess your individual needs and create a plan of action including one or several modalities to achieve the maximum results. Her “1 + 1 = 3” philosophy means your best outcome may be realized by a combination of the latest and most advanced medical, surgical and/or cosmetic methods.
In addition to her anti-aging and facial rejuvenation expertise, Dr. Callahan is one of the Suncoast area’s top-rated Mohs surgeons. She uses her combined skills in facial anatomy and reconstruction to help patients diagnosed with facial skin cancers. She crafts a comprehensive approach to treat each individual’s situation.
Dr. Callahan has consistently been named as one of the top dermatologists in the nation by her peers, according to Castle Connolly, the premier top doctor list provider in the United States. She appears in the 2016 Top Doctors issue of Sarasota Magazine.
Background and Experience
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor since 2011
- Board-certified dermatologic surgeon
- University of Vermont Medical School graduate
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio internship and residency in dermatology
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, fellowship in Mohs skin cancer surgery as well as laser, and cosmetic dermatologic surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery member
- American Society for Laser Medicine member
- Physician and trainer for Allergan and Galderma® (including BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, Restylane® , JUVEDERM VOLUMA, and JUVÉDERM® )
- Speaker -trainer for Merz (Radiesse, Belotero Balance and Xeomin)
Find Dr. Callahan on Google+