Meet Dr. Adams
Fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon Dr. William B. Adams is a board-certified dermatologist who joined our Sarasota practice after working for a dermatology practice in Louisville, Kentucky. During his medical residency, he acted as chief resident at the University of Louisville Division of Dermatology.
Dr. Adams specializes in medical dermatology and Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery, a highly technical and precise procedure requiring advanced training.
“SkinSmart offers the men and women of Sarasota and Bradenton comprehensive dermatology services, and I’m excited to be part of such a respected practice,” says Dr. Adams.
Exceptional cosmetic and medical skin care is available at SkinSmart. If you’re seeking anti-aging treatments or have dermatological concerns, please request a cosmetic consultation or call our office at (941) 308-7546 to schedule an appointment.
Medical Dermatology Specialist
Dr. Adams is a member of the American College of Mohs Surgery and is a highly trained medical dermatologist. While still in Louisville, he was an active member of the medical society and the community in general. He helped at the Kentucky State Fair Skin Cancer Screening and participated in the Race for the Cure and Habitat for Humanity.
His professional career is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of skin cancer, which is the most common type of cancer diagnosed in the U.S.
Background and Experience
- Board-certified dermatologist
- Fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon (University of Louisville)
- Chief resident, University of Louisville Division of Dermatology
- University of Louisville, internship in internal medicine
- University of Kentucky College of Medicine graduate, co-valedictorian
- Associate Professor of medicine (dermatology), University of Louisville from July 2011 to June 2012
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Member of the American College of Mohs Surgery
- Florida Medical Association Delegate